Brainstorm in Bloom

Where Mommas and Kiddos stay happy one Project at a time!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Squash Vase (Single Stem Idea)



Several years ago when I was having my second child (Roly Poly) my mom was visiting and made my neighbor this fun fall squash vase for her birthday. Since then I have kept up the tradition and made her a fall arrangement each year. We have used different squash in the past – this year I used a spaghetti squash. The squash just needs to have a flat bottom and somewhat easy to cut into (I think an acorn squash might be too tough). I use an Odwalla bottle to hold the water but you can use any type of plastic water bottle. Enjoy making a
Fall Squash Vase for
yourself or someone else



The Stuff
The Prep
The FUN!
  • Squash (that can sit upright)
  • Plastic bottle
  • Flowers
  • Water
Cut the top off the plastic bottle
1. Cut a hole in the top of the squash to fit the plastic bottle. Scoop out the seeds  

2. Cut the top off the plastic bottle.

3. Insert bottle in the hole and fill with water.

4. Trim the flowers to fit and add them.
Viola ~ beautiful!

More ideas…

Please BRAINSTORM your ideas/suggestions in the COMMENTS below for the Fall Squash Vase!
Happy Crafting
~Sara

7 comments :

  1. Thank you for your blog posts from this web site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really very beneficial tips are provided here and, Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is an excellent example of why I keep coming back to read your amazing and high quality content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have some questions in your mind like me, you must choose

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the brainstorm by adding comments/suggestions/new ideas...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover