Brainstorm in Bloom

Where Mommas and Kiddos stay happy one Project at a time!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Organized Recipes (Single Stem Idea)



Winter is a great time to get everything organized! I take down my Christmas decorations and go in to clean-out and clean-up mode. Although I have things fairly organized around my house, my recipes were a disaster until recently. I absolutely love my new system and have been looking forward to sharing it with you. I plan my meals 2 weeks at a time so I just have to go grocery shopping twice a month. Every 2 weeks I just pull out my binders pick out some recipes and make my list. When I am done with the recipe I just put it next to the binder and then put them all back when I am ready to grab new ones again – you could also put them away as you go. The recipes are color coded by the type of food that they are so it is quick and easy to have variety.
 
Enjoy this single stem idea of
Organized Recipes for
Mommas (daddies too)…

The Stuff
The Fun!
Clear sheet protectors
Colored paper (got mine at Office Max)
Binders (got mine at Target)
Accordion folder
RECIPES!
1. Sort your recipes into piles (I did chicken, beef, pork, seafood, vegetarian, sides, veggies and then a pile of the rest which I organized in the accordion folder).

2. Put colored paper in each sheet protector - it doesn’t matter which color you use just as long as you have enough of that color for all of your recipes in that category. I used yellow for chicken, red for beef, orange for pork, blue for seafood)

3. Now just simply put the recipes in front of the colored paper for that category!

4. For the accordion folder I have it sorted for the recipes that I do not use very often (ie. appetizers, bread, desserts, drinks, Thanksgiving etc.) I didn’t think I needed to put all of them in sheet protectors and the accordion folder works great!

Here is a small portion of the disaster before it was organized - yuck!
 How do you organize your recipes???
 

Please BRAINSTORM your ideas/suggestions in the COMMENTS below for the Organized Recipes!
Happy Cooking
~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please add to the brainstorm by adding comments/suggestions/new ideas...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover